Notification of Criminal Incident – Seattle Campus
July 29, 2017
Armed Robbery – University District
During the evening hours on Saturday, July 29, 2017, Seattle police responded to an armed robbery in the 4200 block of University Way NE. A man took a case of beer from a convenience store and left northbound on University Way NE. A man who worked in the store followed the suspect out and as he followed, the suspect turned around with a folding knife and attacked the employee. The victim sustained a cut across his ring and pinky finger on his left hand. The victim declined medical attention and was released at the scene. A police K-9 unit searched the area but was unable to find the suspect.
The suspect is described as a white man with a medium build, dirty blonde hair, wearing blue jeans and a white tank top. If you witnessed this incident or have additional information about this crime or suspect, please call the Seattle Police Department at 206-685-5011. The case report number for this incident is 17-167870.
To report a crime in progress or other suspicious activities or persons, call 911.
Crime Prevention Tips for Similar Incidents:
* Remain calm and do what the person demands you do
* Avoid confrontations whenever possible
* Remove yourself from potentially dangerous situations as soon as possible
* On campus, call Husky NightWalk: 206-685-WALK (9255) for a security guard escort to various locations on campus, 7 days a week
If you suspect criminal activity, some helpful information to pass on to the police:
* Call 911 immediately
* Clothing descriptors: Look for layers under the visible layer and other distinctive identifiers
* Physical characteristics: Describe height, weight, eyes, hair, mannerisms, scars/tattoos
* Direction of travel (by foot or automobile): Describe the last known location of the suspect
* Suspect vehicle description: color, year, model, make and license plate
* Any weapons involved
Contact the University of Washington Police Department’s Community Engagement Unit at 206-616-0873 for additional crime prevention information.