UWPD officers arrived and spoke to the witness, who described the victim, who was later found in a nearby parking lot.
The victim, who is not affiliated with the UW, said he was walking near the Hughes Penthouse Theater when he was jumped by two men. He said the men punched him, took his black CDG shoes, BAPE camo jacket, and approximately $160 in cash. The suspects left the area northbound away from campus. The victim sustained contusion to his face, near his left eye, scratches to left side of his forehead, left palm and right elbow. The victim refused any medical treatment at the scene.
The suspects were described as two men, both about 6 feet tall, very thin and in their 20s. The victim believes he has seen the suspects before in another city. UWPD officers checked the area, but were unable to locate the suspects.
If you witnessed this incident or have additional information about this crime or suspects, please call the University of Washington Police Department at 206-543-3911. The case report number for this incident is 2018-18373.
To report a crime in progress or other suspicious activities or persons, call 911.
Crime Prevention Tips for Similar Incidents:
* Avoid confrontations whenever possible.
* Remove yourself from potentially dangerous situations as soon as possible.
* On campus, call Husky NightWalk: 206-685-WALK (9255) for a security guard escort to various locations on campus, 7 days a week.
* Call 911 immediately.
* Clothing descriptors: Look for layers under the visible layer and other distinctive identifiers.
* Physical characteristics: Describe height, weight, eyes, hair, mannerisms, scars/tattoos.
* Direction of travel (by foot or automobile): Describe the last known location of the suspect.
* Suspect vehicle description: color, year, model, make and license plate.
* Any weapons involved.
Contact the University of Washington Police Department’s Community Engagement Unit at 206-685-1916 for additional crime prevention information.