Notification of Criminal Incident – Seattle Campus
May 25, 2017
Attempted Assault w/Firearm
During the early morning hours on May 25, 2017, Seattle police responded to reports of shots fired in the 2100 block of NE 47th Street. Prior to the shooting, several people had seen someone throw a brick through a window of a building and walk away. As the people followed the suspect, he pulled out a handgun and fired it at one of them. The male victim was not hit and the suspect fled on foot. A search of the area by police and a K-9 unit was conducted but the suspect was not found. One single shell casing was recovered at the location of the incident. The suspect is described as a white man, clean shaven with spiky blond hair, blue eyes, approximately 5-foot-10 with a medium build.
If you witnessed this incident or have additional information about this crime or suspect, please call the Seattle Police Department at (206) 625-5011. The case number is 2017-184415. To report a crime in progress, or other suspicious activities or persons, call 911.
Crime Prevention Tips for Similar Incidents:
* Be cognizant of your surroundings at all times.
* Call 911 immediately in an emergency.
* Avoid confrontations whenever possible.
* Remove yourself from potentially dangerous situations as soon as possible.
If you suspect criminal activity, some helpful information to pass on to the police:
* Call 911 immediately.
* Clothing descriptors: Look for layers under the visible layer and other distinctive identifiers
* Physical characteristics: Describe height, weight, eyes, hair, mannerisms, scars/tattoos.
* Direction of travel (by foot or automobile): Describe the last known location of the suspect.
* Suspect vehicle description: color, year, model, make and license plate.
* Any weapons involved.
Contact the University of Washington Police Community Outreach Unit at (206) 616-0873 for additional crime prevention information.