The University of Washington Police Department offers many services and programs to help keep the campus safe.
- Bicycle and Electronics Registration Program. Free and confidential!
- Crime Alert Programs. UW Alert and WatchDawg
- Crime Prevention Programs, including the Building Use Permit Program, Citizen’s Academy, Safety Talks, Petty Cash Surveys.
- Fingerprinting. The University of Washington Police Department fingerprints any current student, staff or faculty member who needs to be printed for employment or teacher certification.
- Husky NightWalk. Security Guards provide uniformed escorts in the campus area at night. Other escort services are also available on campus.
- Rape Aggression Defense (RAD). UWPD police personnel teach realistic self-defense techniques to the community.
- Request a Copy of a Police Report.
- Ride-Along Program. Ride with a UWPD police officer.
- Victim Advocacy. The UWPD Victim Advocate helps victims and their families, and witnesses through the process of physical, emotional and financial recovery.