Husky NightWalk – 206.685.9255 (WALK)
Husky NightWalk is safe and easy to use. Uniformed security guards operate 6:30 pm to 2 a.m., seven days week, 365 days a year (excluding holidays), providing a walking escort to community members within the campus locations and the residential area north of 45th St., and to the UW Tower location. Guards can also assist, with proper identification, building and office lockouts, as well as jump start dead car batteries.
How to Use Husky NightWalk
- Dial 206.685.WALK (206.685.9255) when you are ready for a safety escort.
- Advise the dispatcher which building entrance the Husky NightWalk guard will find you waiting.
- Stand safely inside the entrance, and watch for the Husky NightWalk guard as s/he will not enter the building to find you.
- Have your UW student, staff or other photo identification ready.
Husky NightWalk FAQs
- Can I make an appointment for an escort?
Requests are responded to on a first come, first served basis. Please call 206.685.WALK (9255) when you are ready to be escorted.
- Who staffs the Husky NightWalk program?
The Husky NightWalk program is staffed by uniformed security guards of the University of Washington Police Department.
- How do I meet the security guard for a walking escort?
When you initially call to request an escort, the dispatcher will coordinate a meeting location. Please wait at the agreed upon location and watch for the guard to arrive. The guard will meet you a few minutes prior to the estimated time given. If you are late or aren’t present, the guard will move on to the next call, and you will need to call for a new escort request.