Recruiting and Hiring
The Standards and Accountability Commander is responsible for all Human Resources functions for the department, including recruiting, hiring and training.
For information on current job openings, go to www.hr.uw.edu/jobs/. Select the Staff Jobs option. After logging in, search by Category: Police/Security.
Want to follow up with us on a job application or have questions about the hiring process? You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Recruiting and Hiring Unit has an “EZ-Hire” program for recruiting lateral police officers.
Lateral-specific hiring at the University of Washington could land you one of the best police officer jobs in the Northwest. Think about it. Are you tired of running from call to call with no time to practice community policing? No consistent back-up? Concerned with your city or county budget? Check out the University of Washington’s Lateral Entry EZ-Hire Program. Go to: www.hr.uw.edu/jobs/. Click START your job search then select Job Category “Police/Security.” AA/EOE
For lateral entry officers, there are…
- No immediate out-of-pocket testing expenses
- No gathering in a room for a written test
- No physical test required if you are a current law enforcement officer
The Lateral Entry EZ-Hire Program features a streamlined hiring process that treats you as an experienced officer. The process involves…
- Resume and basic UW online application
- Half-day interview (includes ride-along, oral board and writing skills)
- Conditional offer
- Background investigation
- Psychological test
- Drug screen
- Medical exam
- Final offer
Once on board…
- A Field Training Orientation program tailored to assist you in transitioning to the University of Washington
- A one-year probationary period
We are serious about you becoming a Husky. Consider joining our CALEA-accredited agency today. www.hr.uw.edu/jobs/