Notification of Criminal Incident – Seattle Campus
October 18, 2017
On Oct. 18, 2017, the University of Washington police received information about a sexual assault. The incident occurred on Oct. 16, 2017 at 3:30 p.m. in a residence hall on the northeast area of campus. The victim said she didn’t realize the suspect was behind her when she opened the door to her room. The man followed her into her room, where the assault took place. The victim does not know her attacker. The suspect remains at large, but is described as being in his late teens to early 20s, approximately 6-foot-1, medium build, with a thin mustache. He was wearing a hoodie and sunglasses.
If you have information about this crime or suspect, please call the University of Washington Police Department at (206) 685-8973.
To report a crime in progress, or other suspicious activities or persons, call 911.
Crime Prevention Tips include:
* Perpetrators are solely responsible for their behavior.
* Trust your instincts. If you feel unsafe, get to a safe place and call for help.
* Sexual Assault is a crime and a violation of the UW Student Conduct Code.
* On campus, call Husky NightWalk: 206-685-WALK (9255) for a security guard escort, 7 days a week
If you experience sexual assault:
* Go to a safe place.
* To report the crime, notify police immediately.
* Call a friend, a family member, or advocate who can be with you and give you support.
* Get medical care as soon as possible.
* Preserve all physical evidence of the assault.
* For more information see http://www.washington.edu/sexualassault/
Contact the University of Washington’s Safe Campus Office at 206-685-SAFE (7233) for help with a variety of safety concerns, including dating violence, sexual assault and stalking.