Notification of Criminal Incident
Robbery – NE 47th/19th NE
October 1, 2016 2:30 am
On October 1, 2016 at 2:30 a.m., a 19-year-old man was walking south and stopped at the corner of N.E. 47th St. and 19th Ave. N.E. While using his phone he could hear four people yelling at him from the northeast corner of the intersection. He looked back at his phone and then realized the four men had split up and were now approaching him from two sides. One or two of the men punched him twice, once on each side of his face. He fell to the ground and stayed there. One suspect took his cell phone out of his hand and then departed from the area. The victim left the area and was later treated at the hospital. The incident was reported to the Seattle Police Department in the afternoon.
The victim did not provide a detailed description of the suspects. If you witnessed this incident or have additional information about this crime or suspect, please call the Seattle Police Department at (206) 625-5011. The case report number is 16-355943. To report a crime in progress, or other suspicious activities or persons, call 911.
Crime Prevention Tips for Similar Incidents:
- If at all possible, never walk alone.
- On campus, call Husky Nightwalk: 206-685-WALK (9255) for a security guard escort, 7 days a week.
- Avoid confrontations.
- If you see a crime in progress, call 911.
- Remove yourself from potentially dangerous situations as soon as possible.
If you suspect criminal activity, some helpful information to pass on to the police:
- Clothing descriptors – look for layers under the visible layer, other distinctive design identifiers, etc.
- Physical characteristics – height, weight, eyes, hair, mannerisms, scars/tattoos.
- Direction of travel (by foot or automobile).
- Suspect vehicle description, including license plate.
- Any weapons involved.
Contact the University of Washington Police Community Engagement Unit at (206) 897-1706 for additional crime prevention information.