Notification of Criminal Incident – Seattle Campus
Friday, Sept. 16, 2016
Intimidation with a firearm
On Friday, Sept. 16, 2016, at 9 a.m. Seattle police were dispatched to a weapons call in the 4700 block of University Way NE. Two witnesses to a graffiti incident in progress confronted the suspect, described as a white man in his mid-20s, wearing a grey shirt, green shorts and carrying a backpack. Upon being confronted, the man reportedly displayed a handgun by purposely lifting his shirt and revealing the gun in his waistband. The gun was described as a silver revolver with a possibly wooden handle. Officers searched the area for the man but did not locate him.
If you witnessed this incident or have additional information about this crime or suspect, please call the Seattle Police Department at 206-625-5011. The case report number is 16-336021. To report a crime in progress, or other suspicious activities or persons, call 911.
Crime Prevention Tips for Similar Incidents:
- Avoid confrontations.
- If you see a crime in progress, call 911.
- Remove yourself from potentially dangerous situations as soon as possible.
If you suspect criminal activity, some helpful information to pass on to the police:
- Clothing descriptors – look for layers under the visible layer, other distinctive design identifiers, etc.
- Physical characteristics – height, weight, eyes, hair, mannerisms, scars/tattoos.
- Direction of travel (by foot or automobile).
- Suspect vehicle description, including license plate.
- Any weapons involved.
Contact the University of Washington Police Community Engagement Unit at -206-897-1706 for additional crime prevention information.