University District, Seattle
July 18, 2014 Burglary
Summary: On 7/18/14 at 12:53 a.m., Seattle Police Department received a 911 call regarding an in-progress residential burglary at 5018 20th Ave NE., in the University District. The resident/witness reported observing three unknown individuals inside of the residence. One suspect was described as black male, 20 years old, wearing a red plaid shirt. The second suspect is described as a black male, 20 years old, wearing a black shirt, black pants and white shoes. The third suspect is described as a black female, 20 years old, wearing black clothing and a black hat.
The witness briefly confronted the suspects. The three suspects fled from the residence carrying a black bag. The witness did not find anything missing, however other occupants of the residence were not present so it is unclear if anything was taken. Other witnesses saw a subject enter a light colored van which departed from the area about the time of the incident. No one was injured.
This case is being investigated by the Seattle Police Department under case number 14-234549. If you have any additional information about this crime or suspects; please call the Seattle Police Department at (206) 625-5011.
To report a crime in progress, or other suspicious activities or persons, call 911.
Crime Prevention Tips for Similar Incidents:
* Make sure all doors and windows are locked especially at night.
* Call 911 if you see anyone snooping around outside your home.
* Remove yourself from potentially dangerous situations as soon as possible.
If you suspect criminal activity, some helpful information to pass on to the police:
* Clothing descriptors – look for layers under the visible layer, other distinctive design identifiers, etc.
* Physical characteristics – height, weight, eyes, hair, mannerisms, scars/tattoos.
* Direction of travel (by foot or automobile).
* Suspect vehicle description, including license plate.
* Any weapons involved.
Contact the University of Washington Police Department at (206) 543-9331 for additional crime prevention information.