Notification of a Criminal Incident – Seattle Campus
June 17, 2014 12:45 a.m.
Tuesday morning, June 17, 2014, at approximately 12:45 a.m., Seattle Police were dispatched to a robbery that had occurred in the 1100 block of NE 45th Street. The male victim, not affiliated with the UW, was meeting an unidentified person to sell concert tickets. The victim/seller was grabbed by a suspect, described as a black male, 6-foot-2, thin build, dreadlocks, wearing a beanie and all dark clothing. The suspect displayed a gun and then took the victim’s wallet, cellular telephone and concert tickets. The suspect was last seen entering a silver SUV style vehicle, occupied by three additional black males, described as wearing baggy clothing. The vehicle was last seen westbound on NE 45th Street. Seattle Police and University of Washington Police officers responded to the area but were unable to locate the vehicle or suspects. The victim was not injured during the incident.
This case is being investigated by the Seattle Police Department Robbery Unit, case number 14-192675. If you were a witness or have information regarding this crime or the possible suspects please call the Seattle Police Department at (206) 625-5011. If you see the vehicle or suspects call 911 immediately; do not confront them.
Crime prevention tips for similar incidents:
* Call 911 immediately in an emergency.
* Avoid in-person sales of high value items, especially at night.
* Remove yourself from potentially dangerous situations as soon as possible.
* Be cognizant of your surroundings at all times.
* On campus, call Husky NightWalk: 206-685-WALK (9255) for a security guard escort to various locations on campus, 7 days a week.
If you suspect criminal activity, some information to pass on to the police includes:
* Clothing descriptors – look for layers under the visible layer, other distinctive design identifiers, etc.
* Physical characteristics – height, weight, eyes, hair, mannerisms
* Direction of travel (by foot or automobile).
* Suspect vehicle description, including license plate.
* Distinctive marks, scars or tattoos
* Describe any weapons involved.
Contact the University of Washington Police Crime Prevention Unit at: (206) 543-9338 for additional crime prevention information.