Notification of Criminal Incident – University District
March 6, 2016 1:00 am, 4700 block 18th Ave NE
Seattle Police were notified of a sexual assault that occurred March 6, 2016 at 1:00 a.m. outside in the 4700 block of 18th Ave. N.E. The female victim reported she was approached from behind, pushed and fell to the ground. The perpetrator proceeded to sexually assault the victim. He then left the area in an unknown direction of travel. The suspect was described as a white male, tall and in good physical shape. The victim is not a UW student.
If you witnessed this incident or have additional information about this crime or suspect, please call the Seattle Police Department at (206) 625-5011. This incident is listed as Seattle Police Department case number 16-80018. To report a crime in progress, or other suspicious activities or persons, call 911.
Crime Prevention Tips include:
- Perpetrators are responsible for sexual assaults.
- Perpetrators seek opportunities to commit sexual assault.
- Trust your instincts. If you feel unsafe, get to a safe place and call for help.
- Sexual Assault is a crime and a violation of the UW Student Conduct Code.
- On campus, call Husky NightWalk: 206-685-WALK(9255) for a security guard escort, 7 days a week.
If you experience sexual assault:
- Go to a safe place.
- To report the crime, notify police immediately.
- Call a friend, a family member, or advocate who can be with you and give you support.
- Get medical care as soon as possible.
- Preserve all physical evidence of the assault.
- For more information see http://www.washington.edu/sexualassault/
Contact the University of Washington Police Department’s Victim Advocate at (206) 543-9337 for help with a variety of safety concerns, including dating violence, sexual assault and stalking.