Notification of Criminal Incident – Seattle Campus
Burglary – University District
March 5, 2018
At 10:18 p.m. on Sunday, March 4, Seattle Police responded to the 4600 block of 22nd Ave. NE, where an apartment property manager found a man breaking into a coin machine in a laundry room. When confronted, the man threatened the property manager and then left on foot.
The victim described the man as white male, in his 30s, 6-feet tall, with a beard and an average build. The man wore a dark shirt, jeans and was carrying two black trash bags and another bag on his shoulder.
If you witnessed this incident or have additional information about this crime or the suspect, please call the Seattle Police Department at 206-625-5011. The Seattle Police Department case report number is 18-0078986. To report a crime in progress, or other suspicious activities or persons, call 911.
Crime Prevention Tips for Similar Incidents:
* Stay alert and be aware of your surroundings.
* Report any strangers loitering.
* Remove yourself from potentially dangerous situations as soon as possible.
If you suspect criminal activity, here is some helpful information to pass on to the police:
* Clothing descriptors: Look for layers under the visible layer, other distinctive design identifiers, etc.
* Physical characteristics: Height, weight, eye and hair color, mannerisms, scars or tattoos.
* Direction of travel, and whether traveling by foot or automobile.
Contact the University of Washington Police Community Engagement Unit at 206-685-1916 for additional crime prevention information.