Notification of Criminal Incident – Seattle Campus
January 5, 2018
UW Police Department was notified on the evening of Jan. 4 of three sexual assaults that occurred over the holiday break in Savery Hall on the UW campus. There was one victim involved in the assaults. The victim told officers she was sexually assaulted in separate incidents on Dec. 30, Dec. 31, and Jan. 2. The victim is acquainted with the three male suspects. She did not provide their descriptions during an interview with UWPD officers late Thursday night. The victim and the suspects are not affiliated with the University of Washington.
If you have information about this crime or suspects, please call the University of Washington Police Department at (206) 543-9331.
To report a crime in progress, or other suspicious activities or persons, call 911.
Crime Prevention Tips include:
* Perpetrators are solely responsible for their behavior.
* Trust your instincts. If you feel unsafe, get to a safe place and call for help.
* Sexual Assault is a crime and a violation of the UW Student Conduct Code.
* On campus, call Husky NightWalk: 206-685-WALK (9255) for a security guard escort, 7 days a week.
If you experience sexual assault:
* Go to a safe place.
* To report the crime, notify police immediately.
* Call a friend, a family member, or advocate who can be with you and give you support.
* Get medical care as soon as possible.
* Preserve all physical evidence of the assault.
* For more information, see http://www.washington.edu/sexualassault/
Contact the University of Washington’s Victim Advocate at (206) 543-9337 for help with a variety of safety concerns, including dating violence, sexual assault and stalking. An immediate and additional resource available to the campus community is the Safe Campus Office at 206-685-SAFE (7233). Another resource is the UW Health and Wellness Advocate firstname.lastname@example.org, 206-685-4357.